Wholesome and Healthy
We take a great care to design a seasonally appropriate diverse and delicious menu. Our meals are prepared from the highest quality ingredients, fresh vegetables and fruits, real meat, and bakery breads.
- Our food meets all provincial nutrition guidelines for healthy schools.
- Our meals are freshly prepared before delivery (not reheated from frozen processed food).
- All snacks are cut from fresh fruits and vegetables on our premises the day of delivery.
- Our meals are nut-free.
- We do not use hydrogenated oil.
- We do not use pork.
- We do not use MSG, preservatives, food colourings and/or additives
- Our food is flavored with fresh garlic, onions, and real herbs.
- Our soups are made with real stock - not powder base.
- We offer Fruit snack ( a combination of orange, apple, grapes, cantaloupe, pineapple, watermelon, strawberry) and Vegetables snack ( baby carrots, cucumbers, strips of sweet peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, celery sticks with a ranch dip).
We offer easy and friendly service
- Online ordering system is always available. There is no deadline for ordering, order anytime online with your account. It is also easy to change, add or remove any selections.
- Our representative distributes lunches and stays available for handling any possible mishaps (a child forgot their lunch, somebody accidentally took their lunch, container was dropped, etc.)
- We always bring extra lunches to school for unforeseen cases.
- We provide cutlery, napkins, condiments, crackers, and anything else commonly required for the meal.
- If for any reason a customer wishes to cancel our service, the remainder of the payment will be refunded.
- We cannot reimburse for missed lunches, but if you let us know before 8 AM of the delivery date that your child is not coming to school for any reason, we will cancel your lunch and issue you a credit.
Food safety is of great importance of us.
We strictly follow all steps of safe food handling, storage and cooking requirements. As a true testament to that - In all years of our operation we never had a health issue.
We use PP5 plastic containers (one of the safest approved plastics on the market).
- We offer more than 40 meal choices each day.
- There is no obligation to sign up for every day. Select as much or as little as you want.
- We offer many additional snack choices that are optional for purchase.
- Juices are available at additional charge.
- We accommodate requests for special problems (allergies, omitting certain ingredients if possible).
- We have gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and Halal meals.
We do all the work, including:
- dealing with the order and the money;
- delivering food to school;
- distributing lunches to children;
- dealing with problems on the spot with kids and with parents via e-mail or phone;
Schools use our program as a fundraiser.
Fund raised money is paid out to school after each term end.
Small changes to service procedure are possible based on school preferences.
Mommy's Yummies Food Inc is Ontario school board qualified provider and our menu meets provincial nutrition guidelines for healthy school meals.